Sunday, 25 December 2016

“In A Dream I Meet Santa” - A Poem by Ronak Sawant


On a bed I was sleeping,
Singing jingle-bell, jingle-bell in my mind,
For a Santa Claus to come and for my gift remind,
I didn’t know but I was dreaming.

The inner child in me wanted the gift,
And wanted to meet the lovely Santa along with his car rift,
So I kept singing the song continuously,
In my dream I never thought I can be so silly.

With eyes being closed but mind being somewhere,
I was just waiting for the Santa to arrive early from the window here,
Along with a gift, to hear that Santa’s big laugh,
Oh, I thought it could be more than enough!

I was singing on & on but this time with a clap,
I am glad no one at home saw this and gave me a slap,
I see the Santa giving gifts one-by-one and coming by my house,
In this beautiful dream I was so engross.

Then suddenly the sound of something,
I thought Santa has come in our wing,
My eyes got open and I started looking outside the window,
I realize very soon that I was dreaming and there’s no Santa from the snow.

Under the pillow there was no gift,
The Santa’s laugh – HO HO HO,
I started to believe it’s just NO NO NO,
I then said Merry Christmas to the world, myself & the dreamy Santa and went back to sleep feeling my life a gift.


- Ronak Sawant

1 comment: